Teleporting exists to help build connections between people and make the world more open and inclusive. In short—to build a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We are a community built on trust. A fundamental part of earning that trust means being clear about how we use your information and protecting your human right to privacy.
," " us
," or "Teleporting
"), process personal information in relation to your use of the Teleporting Platform. Depending on where you live and what you are doing on the Teleporting Platform, the supplemental privacy pages listed below may apply to you. Please follow the links and review the supplemental information describing how we process personal information for those regions and services.1. Definitions
We collect personal information about you when you use the Teleporting Platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, postal address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
2.2 Information you choose to give us
- Identity Verification and Payment Information. Such as images of your government issued ID (as permitted by applicable laws), your ID number or other verification information, bank account or payment account information. If you are not Teleporting user, we may receive payment information relating to you, such as when an Teleporting user provides your payment card to complete a booking. If a copy of your ID is provided to us, we may scan, use, and store information contained in your ID to verify your identity.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Address Book Contact Information. Address book contacts you import or enter manually.
2.3 Information Automatically Collected by Using the Teleporting Platform and our Payment Services
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
When you use the Teleporting Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device's GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you're not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Teleporting Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you've used the Teleporting Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you've viewed or engaged with before or after using the Teleporting Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven't created an Teleporting account or logged in.
2.4 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties
- Payment Transaction Information. Such as payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, PayPal email address, Stripe information, IBAN information, your address, and other related transaction details.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the Teleporting Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Enterprise Product Invitations and Account Management. Organizations that use our Enterprise products may submit personal information to facilitate account management and invitations to use enterprise products.
- Referrals and co-travelers. If you are invited to the Teleporting Platform, such as a co-traveler on a trip, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Teleporting Platform
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, demographic data, or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Teleporting Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to, health information related to contagious diseases.
. Such as to:
3.2 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing
- enable you to access the TeleportingPlatform and make and receive payments,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- process your request,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service, training,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts' information, such as your friends or co-travelers, we may process this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) to share your trip details and facilitate trip planning, (iii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iv) to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the Teleporting Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
. For example to:
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE4.1 Sharing With Your Consent or at Your Direction
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Teleporting or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your Teleporting account or participating in promotional activities by Teleporting partners or third parties.
Where permissible under applicable law, we may use certain information about you such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms to generate leads, drive traffic to Teleporting, or otherwise promote our products and services.4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information such as:
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, Listings, and other Public Information
- When a booking request is made, when there is a co-host, or a dispute is submitted, certain information may be shared between Guest(s) and Host(s), including profile, name, names of any additional Guests, cancellation history, review information, age of guest (unless prohibited by applicable law), dispute outcome (when applicable), and other information you choose to share and submit. When a booking is confirmed, additional information is shared to assist with coordinating the trip, like profile photo and phone number. When you as a Host have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Guest (and any additional Guests they invite, if applicable) to coordinate the booking, such as your profile, full name, phone number, and Listing address.
- When you as a Host invite another Member to host with you, you authorize that person to access and update your information and Member Content, including, but not limited to, certain information like your full name, phone number, Accommodation address, calendar, Listing information, Listing photos, and email address.
- When you as a Guest invite additional Guests to a booking, your name, travel dates, Host name, Listing details, Accommodation address, and other related information will be shared with each additional Guest.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name (or initials where applicable), description, and city.
- Listing pages that include information such as the Accommodation or Experience's approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and additional information you choose to share.
- Reviews, ratings, and other public feedback.
- Content in a community or discussion forum, blog, or social media post.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like Listing details on third-party sites, platforms, and apps.
Information you share publicly on the Teleporting Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your account settings.4.4 Host Service Providers
Hosts may use third-party services to help manage or deliver their services, such as cleaning services or lock providers. Hosts may use features on the Teleporting Platform to share information about the Guest (like check-in and check-out dates, Guest name, Guest phone number) with such third-party service providers.4.8 Service Providers
We share personal information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to help us run our business and for their compliance purposes, including service providers that help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of the Teleporting Services through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or similar claims. These providers are contractually bound to protect your personal information and have access to your personal information to perform these tasks.4.9 Business Transfers
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the TeleportingPlatform for reasons outlined in the "How We Use Information We Collect" section of this policy, including fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, enforcing our Terms of Service
, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other sites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. Occasionally we may need to manually review communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third-party marketing messages to you and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.5.2 Linking Third-Party Accounts
You can link your Teleporting account with certain third-party services like social networks. Your contacts on these third-party services are referred to as "Friends." When you direct the data sharing by creating this link:
5.3 Third-Party Partners & Integrations
- some of the information provided to us from linking accounts may be published on your public profile,
- your activities on the Teleporting Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Teleporting Platform and/or that third-party service,
- a link to your public profile on that third-party service may be included in your Teleporting public profile,
- other Teleporting users may be able to see any Friends that you may have in common with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable,
- other Teleporting users may be able to see any schools, hometowns, or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking service,
- information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed, and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes, and
- publication and display of information that you provide to the Teleporting Platform through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Teleporting Platform and the third-party service.
for more information on how Google uses information. Teleporting does not own or control these third parties and when you interact with them you are providing your information to them.6. YOUR RIGHTS
You can exercise any of the rights described in this section consistent with applicable law. See here
for information on data subject rights requests and how to submit a request. We may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.6.1 Managing Your Information
You can access and update some of your personal information through your Account settings. If you connected your Teleporting Account to a third-party service, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and unlink from that service in your Account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up to date.6.2 Data Access and Portability
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request certain copies of your personal information or information about how we handle your personal information, request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and/or request that we transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).6.3 Data Erasure
In some jurisdictions, you can request that your personal information be deleted. Please note that if you request deletion of your personal information, or if your account is suspended, terminated, or voluntarily closed:
- We may retain your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as prevention of money laundering, fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an Teleporting Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain information from that Teleporting Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Teleporting Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Teleporting and Teleporting Payments may keep information for tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) will continue to be publicly visible on Teleporting even after your Teleporting Account is canceled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) will remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we take measures to protect data from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.